Open day for Somali refugees in Mukalla within 16 day-campaign to combat violence against women
HUMAN ACCESS, Mukalla branch, in partnership with the UNFPA, organized an open day for Somali refugees residing in Mukalla at the Safe Space headquarters, as part of the activities of the 16-day campaign to combat violence against women.
The event included an educational and awareness seminar for women on gender-based violence and its psychological, health and social effects. The branch also organized a course of incense and perfumes for 25 beneficiaries within external referrals and service providers.
- Expanded coordination meeting for community committee members and peer network in Mukalla
- Training workshop on combating female genital malformations in Mukalla
- World Mental Health Day activities concluded in Mukalla
- Forming a religious health committee to raise community awareness of the harms and risks of FGM
- Launching the 16-day campaign to combat violence against women
- Workshop on mental health and gender-based violence in Mukalla