The 2nd annual meeting of doctors and midwives launched in obstetric emergencies in Al-Mahrah
The Undersecretary of Al-Mahrah governorate for technical affairs, Eng. Salem Mohammed Al-Aboudi, along with director general of the Ministry of Public Health and Population office Dr. Awad Mubarak Sa’ad, launched the second annual meeting of doctors and midwives in the field of obstetric emergencies. The meeting organized by the department of reproductive health in the office of the Ministry of Public Health and Population in the governorate with funding from HUMAN ACCESS of Al-Mahra Branch.
In the meeting, Eng. Salem Al-Aboudi praised HUMAN ACCESS efforts made in financing health projects in the governorate, which contributed to alleviating the suffering of citizens. Al-Aboudi called on the participants in the meeting to benefit from scientific programs and knowledge in the field of obstetric emergencies.
For his part, the director general of the governorate's public health and population office, Dr. Awad Mubarak Sa’ad, referred to the importance of the meeting in raising the quality of services and obstetric emergencies, stressing the importance of improving the level of health services and upgrading the competence of midwives in all districts of the governorate.
For his part, Mustafa Al-Qadri, executive director of HUMAN ACCESS in Al-Mahrah, explained that the meeting aims to train and qualify health cadres from midwives on obstetric emergencies, develop their skills in this field, and improve the health services provided in obstetric emergencies, reviewing a set of various projects implemented by the association in various fields in the governorate.
The meeting was attended by the general director of Al-Ghaydah Central Hospital, Mohsen Ahmed Belhaf, and Raedah Mohamed Belhaf, director of the reproductive health in the governorate.
- Al-Ghaydah Central Hospital aided with medical supplies for obstetrics and gynecology department
- Within RH Services Support Project, delivery bags supplied to pregnant women in Hadhramaut and Al-Mahra governorates
- Reproductive Health Services Support Project provides medical aid to Al-Ghaydah Central Hospital
- Providing medical support to hospitals in Seiyon, Tareem, Al-Ghaydah, Al-Qatn, Basharaheel, and Mayfa'a Center
- Two training courses for emergency obstetric staff at Al Ghaydah Central Hospital
- Delivery of medical materials to obstetric emergency department at Al Ghaydah Central Hospital