Job announcement: Logistic Assistant
Position: Logistic Assistant (1)
Job Location: Marib (City-Al Wadi) at the community centers and in the field.
Duration of Assignment: 6 Months (July-December2023)
Report to: Project Manager/Logistic officer/finance officer
Deadline: 06 July 2023
This position is open to internal applicants only. Applicants must be legally present in Marib at the time of application, recruitment, and hiring unless HA makes an online interview.
Human Access for Partnership and Development (HUMAN ACCESS) is a non-governmental, independent, non-profit, humanitarian, developmental, charitable, voluntary, and community-based organization. It was established in March 1990 by an elite of volunteers and social personalities as a voluntary non-governmental organization that implements its programs, projects, and services according to periodic plans, a deliberate and renewed strategy, and a method of work based on the scientific methodology to be an effective link between donors and beneficiaries. Human Access is UNHCR’s implementing partner in Marib and other cities. HUMAN ACCESS is characterized by a strong and renewed relationship with development partners at home and abroad, and it has joint efforts with official and popular authorities. It is also distinguished by a tangible presence in many charitable and humanitarian events and activities. During its period of operation, which extends for about three decades, the association obtained several memberships in various organizations and bodies.
The association is a member of the Department of Public Information for the Non-Governmental Organizations of the United Nations (DPI-NGO), a member of the Arab Union for Voluntary Work, and an active and accredited partner to various international organizations, the most important of which are the World Food Program (WFP), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA), and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
HUMAN ACCESS has also obtained membership in many local, Arab and international organizations and networks working in various fields of volunteer and humanitarian work. It in addition obtained the international quality certificate ISO 9001: 2008 as a culmination of its institutional work.
This project is for IDPs and entitled:’Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict-affected populations in Marib—-545’
Safeguarding at Human Access is committed to the community members we work with and the beneficiaries we serve. As part of this commitment, Human Access has zero tolerance for violations of our Code of Conduct (Sexual Abuse of Beneficiaries and Community Members (PSEA), Child Safeguarding Policy, PSEA Misconduct Policy, Discrimination, Harassment Policy, and Anti-Fraud and Corruption).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Human Access is an equal-opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
The Position Summary
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager & Logistics Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day operational aspects of Procurement & logistics (transport/fleet management and office management functions in Aden.
- Daily coordination of HA project procurement activities, under the supervision of the Procurement and Logistics officer.
- Full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats. Assists, as needed, in training staff on these policies.
- Assists staff as needed in creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation.
- Collect quotations and bids from the market for PRs as assigned by a manager – as per Human Access and donor standards and formats.
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions and complete to Human Access standards.
- Assist in the maintenance of thorough procurement files as outlined in the Field Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Assist the Activity coordinator, QIPs officers, and finance with procurement activities, as required.
- Manage all Human Access and donor assets according to the Field Asset Management Manual under the supervision of Project manager and Finance unit.
- Act the role of Asset Controller and manage all asset management functions.
- Manage all Human Access vehicles and transport needs according to the Field Fleet Management Manual.
- Ensuring fleet management complies with Human Access standards through appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles (and generators) and servicing & maintenance schedules are constantly adhered to.
- Maintaining administrative Vehicle files (for each Vehicle & Generator) ensuring they are constantly up to date and overseeing archiving of logistics-related files/documents.
- Ensuring that all contracts related to logistics are tracked, valid, and up to date e.g., Vehicle Rental Agreements, Maintenance Agreement, buildings rental agreements, etc.
- Assisting the finance unit and logistics officer, and project manager to implement any outstanding Logistics related audit recommendations.
- Ensuring that the Daily Vehicle Movement Board is updated to track and monitor staff movements.
- Ensuring that all logistics-related security incidents are immediately reported to the Project Manager and Logistics officer and all incident reporting protocols are adhered to.
- Ensuring all vehicles are in good and road-worthy condition and encouraging safety practices at all times by organizing regular service & maintenance schedules for the Vehicles (whether HA-owned or Rented/Leased).
- Ensuring that all vehicles are cleaned and vehicle hygiene standards maintained at all times.
- Provide support to the admin officer.
- Arrange the required refreshments/hospitality for HA staff & visitors according to the budget.
- Support in collecting and processing bills of office and utilities (electricity, water, phone, cellular phones, and internet bills) and process payments in a timely manner while creating a tracking system for all payments.
- Follow up to get approvals and collect required papers to prepare lease contracts for HA, warehouses, etc.
- Follow up on usage and billing for the mobile telephone service providers and other unities.
- Ensure proper inventory of office supplies including kitchen supplies, cleaning materials, fuel, and stationery.
- Ensures that the office property portrays a professional image by ensuring timely maintenance, electricity, and furniture fixing.
- Ensure maintenance of all administrative notice boards, and banners – keeping them clean and neat in appearance.
- Follow up any required maintenance on HA’s community centers premises.
- Drivers, cook, cleaners, and handymen.
- Reports Directly To: Project Manager/Logistics officer/Finance officer
Works Directly With all team.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Relevant qualification in the field of admin and logistics
- 3 years minimum of relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written Arabic and English preferable.
- Strong computer skills on MS Excel, MS Word programs.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action so as to not delay program activities.
How to apply for the job