Job announcement: CFM/Helpdesk Assistant
Position: CFM/Helpdesk Assistant (Refugees-IDPs) (1)
Job Location: Marib (City-Al Wadi) at the community centers and in the field.
Duration of Assignment: 6 months( July-December2023)
Report to: Accountability Officer-Activity coordinator
Deadline: 06 July 2023
This position is open to internal applicants only. Applicants must be legally present in Marib at the time of application, recruitment, and hiring unless HA makes an online interview.
Human Access for Partnership and Development (HUMAN ACCESS) is a non-governmental, independent, non-profit, humanitarian, developmental, charitable, voluntary, and community-based organization. It was established in March 1990 by an elite of volunteers and social personalities as a voluntary non-governmental organization that implements its programs, projects, and services according to periodic plans, a deliberate and renewed strategy, and a method of work based on the scientific methodology to be an effective link between donors and beneficiaries. Human Access is UNHCR’s implementing partner in Marib and other cities. HUMAN ACCESS is characterized by a strong and renewed relationship with development partners at home and abroad, and it has joint efforts with official and popular authorities. It is also distinguished by a tangible presence in many charitable and humanitarian events and activities. During its period of operation, which extends for about three decades, the association obtained several memberships in various organizations and bodies.
The association is a member of the Department of Public Information for the Non-Governmental Organizations of the United Nations (DPI-NGO), a member of the Arab Union for Voluntary Work, and an active and accredited partner to various international organizations, the most important of which are the World Food Program (WFP), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), the World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA), and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
HUMAN ACCESS has also obtained membership in many local, Arab and international organizations and networks working in various fields of volunteer and humanitarian work. It in addition obtained the international quality certificate ISO 9001: 2008 as a culmination of its institutional work.
This project is for IDPs and entitled:’Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict-affected populations in Marib—-545’
Safeguarding at Human Access is committed to the community members we work with and the beneficiaries we serve. As part of this commitment, Human Access has zero tolerance for violations of our Code of Conduct (Sexual Abuse of Beneficiaries and Community Members (PSEA), Child Safeguarding Policy, PSEA Misconduct Policy, Discrimination, Harassment Policy, and Anti-Fraud and Corruption).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Human Access is an equal-opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the mobile complaints boxs and helpdesk are conducted at all sites, through effective complaints collection through the field visits with mobile team.
- Ensure continuous contact with the affected population in the intervention area and contribute to improving community participation in programming.
- Contribute to monitoring beneficiaries 'satisfaction, through conducting follow-up on beneficiaries' satisfaction with the responses of the units in this field.
- Coordinate with the Hotline assistant(s) to ensure that they provide appropriate, coherent, and timely responses to the beneficiaries and that they properly record the query/ feedback/complaints in the CFM recording sheet;
- Submit all queries/ feedback/complaints in the online CFM case management platform.
- Ensure that beneficiaries (Refugees-IDPs) receive up-to-date information on available services offered by UNHCR or protection partners and that the information is properly provided to the Hotline assistant(s);
- Report to the Accountability Officer on serious or concerning complaints received, challenges, and any other relevant issues requiring the attention of the Accountability Officer. If the complaints are very serious in nature, report to the activity coordinator/project manager.
- Follow up on complaints up-to-date and fill them out in the designated forms and provide feedback according to the CFM SOPs.
- Archive all forms of all complaints and queries from offices/beneficiaries on a weekly/monthly basis, in coordination with the Accountability officer.
- Listen and assist beneficiaries at the time of making a query or complaint and/or providing feedback;
- Ensure that beneficiaries receive up-to-date information on available services offered by UNHCR protection partner and that the information is properly provided to the Hotline assistant(s);
- Ensure timely follow-up and response to queries, complaints, or feedback submitted by the beneficiaries within the established means of communication available at the Community Centre;
- Propose changes/improvements to the CFM to the accountability officer/activity coordinator or project manager, based on the monitoring of its effectiveness;
- Actively disseminate information among the beneficiaries about the CFM including clearly visible printing materials;
- Maintain constant communication with the accountability Officer and relevant staff and UNHCR/ partners (only for refugee services) on queries, feedback, and complaints received, on the response provided, and on actions that the partner should take to address issues emerging from the CFM; this includes the CBI Officer on all matters related to cash;
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection and reporting, ensuring that the logs to track the queries/ feedback/ complaints are properly filled, that reporting templates are duly completed and shared with the accountability officer on a weekly and monthly basis and no later than the 5th day of the following month;
- Contribute to analyze trends of the complaints and feedback received to help improve programming;
- Based on the training received by UNHCR and on the SOPs, online CFM case management platform and support the CBPN focal point to conduct CFM training with CBPN members.
- Any other activities authorized by the Management.
- Studies in social work or any related issues
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem-solving, and inter-personal skills
- Excellent facilitation skills, and a strong understanding of how to collect feedback safely and accurately from all members of a community regardless of their age, gender, or other diversity factors.
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Solid Computer skills and competency in word, Excel as a minimum.
- Arabic -English – Somali –languages are required.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and excellent sense of organization.
- Takes a proactive approach to problem-solving and work prioritization.
- Takes responsibility and initiative for finding out things and expanding own knowledge.
- Native Somali and good Arabic and English skills are essential.
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission, and vision of HA.
- Be available for regular training provided by HA/UNHCR and support in identifying staff training needs.
- Attention to details and ability to communicate professionally and effectively - practical and problem-solver.
- Able to ensure quality delivery in a stressful environment, punctuality and respect for rules and procedures, and to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
CFM/helpdesk assistant is stationed at the Community Centre and field visits ( 3 days a week with a mobile box) for conducting a helpdesk activity and accompanying the mobile team.
How to apply for the job